According to the TMU Calendar of Fall Semester 2022, from 9 am. Sep. 19th to 5 pm. Oct. 14th 2022 is the period for graduate student to apply Graduation Defense (Degree Examination). Please apply through the Academic & Student Affairs Information System and click “Submit” button. Any applications submitted after deadline will not be accepted. The timetable of related procedures will be announced after the Academic Affairs Conference on Sep. 21st 2022. Registration Section will hold the orientation in both Chinese and English sessions. Information is as follows:
- Administrative Staff Session- 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Sep. 22th 2022 on Webex Online Meeting Room. For TMU staff only.
- Student Session in Chinese- 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Sep. 23rd 2022 on Webex Online Meeting Room. Apply on: https://forms.gle/65YhdA6hFxLDUdC7
- Student Session in English- 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Sep. 26th 2022 on Webex Online Meeting Room. Apply on: https://forms.gle/ycGkMPdgX9AQxTLg8
- Students who apply for the degree examinations must meet the requirement of “TMU Implementation Guidelines of Master and Ph.D. Degree Examination” Article II and “Notes for Course Selection and Registration” Article lll: students must complete required subjects, credits and “Research Ethics” course before applying for a degree examination. And must select “Thesis”/”Dissertation” course this semester.
- Before applying, please read the study regulation of respect department/program & information of graduation defense orientation. Student must prepare the evidence of completed requirements and upload the evidence on the system function of “Credit Progress” →”Requirements for Graduation(Student Form)”.
- Students shall upload the “Originality Report of Plagiarism Detection” according to the requirement of department/program and thesis advisor. Students must provide originality reports of plagiarism detection to committee members on the day of graduation defense. Students who did not provide the report cannot hold the defense. For the detection tool please use “Turnitin”.
- For further information of graduation defense, please visit Office of Academic Affairs website→Registration Section→Graduation Messages→Graduate Defense Procedure (If it shows in Chinese, please change the language into English on the upper right corner of website)
Registration Section, Office of Academic Affairs
Sep. 12th 2022